Tuesday, August 6, 2013

self -assessment



In my opinion it is appropriate to let students critique themselves because it helps them connect to their inner selves, in other words it helps the students to ask them what their weakness and strength are. Once the students are done with self evaluation, this process can help them figure out what their passions are. Self-evaluation also helps the students explore different opportunities and to access whether they are suited to the fields of their interest. In evaluating myself I discovered that I wonder around in different education fields, but I am leaning toward the medical field. Even though I find some of the science classes challenging, I try my best to put extra effort in to learning and passing the classes. learning is a journey and how fast you get through your journey depends on personal skills and digesting the learning materials, the important thing is the final success that is the result. I also realized that I am drawn to science and technology more than other subject because I am fascinated by the mystery of it and the scientific processes. I also found myself to be a team player and I work well with others. I put the individual competition behind and the team success in front while working with others.

My  interest in science, desire to help people and my abilities as a team player made me real like that. I would like some sort of cancer in medicine. Thus self-evaluation was very useful to me in deciding what kind of career to choose. Due to my personal experience, I think all the students in the passion class should be asked to take similar journeys of self –discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment